Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist MFC #48547

I was interested in being a therapist early on in my life. My personal life experiences have helped in shaping my ability to support others in their healing process.
My personal healing
It was after my training as a Marriage and Family Therapist that I began exploring my spiritual connection to the universe. I had been previously trained in Transcendental Meditation during college, but never explored with any depth my spiritual self. I began reading multiple books on recognizing and developing a closer connection to mind, body and spirit.
For two years I focused on working with my Inner Child, by way of Alchemical Hypnotherapy. This is a unique form of hypnosis that deals with connecting with one’s inner guides that support our attaining new levels of happiness, love, creativity and healing power. It is a positive adjunct to traditional psychotherapy in tapping directly into untapped resources of the subconscious mind and efficiently resolving spiritual, emotional and behavioral issues. I was so impressed with the dramatic shifts in my personal growth, I later became certified as an Alchemical Hypnotherapist. I continued to develop my spiritual self and graduated from a three year spiritual mentorship program. I also took part in coaching training and was exposed to Buddhist philosophy and the use of deep listening, mindful and compassionate practices.
This all contributes to the work I do with others in supporting their personal growth and development.
My therapy approach
I use the following therapeutic techniques and modalities:
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
  • Hypnotherapy, guided visualization
  • Mindfulness training, meditation
  • Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
  • Stress reduction, distress tolerance
  • Emotional regulation.
My therapeutic approach is engaging, non-judgmental and proactive. I am a good listener and a cheerleader for the positive changes my client’s seek.
I spent several years working with abused foster children and families who suffered from emotional and physical abuse. I earned my Masters Degree in Psychotherapy from the Professional School of Psychology in Sacramento, specializing in Marriage, Family and Child Counseling. For the past two years, I have worked with patients who engage in eating disorders including; anorexia, bulimia and binge eating.
Specialization areas:
  • Anxiety
  • Depression
  • Eating disorders
  • Grief
  • Communication skills
  • Couples relations
  • Sexual abuse
  • Stress management
  • Forgiveness work
  • Family therapy
  • Life transitions
  • Anger management
Trained in:
  • Hypnotherapy
  • Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Mindfulness techniques
  • Relaxation techniques
  • Meditation techniques
  • Life Coaching
  • Spiritual Coaching
Lorain Tremayne, LMFT
Cell: 916-342-1663
Email: loraintremayne@sbcglobal.net